February 19th, 2014
I had grand plans of going outside around the golden hour and getting gorgeous backlit photos.
But Mother Nature got us good last week, and we were stuck inside. And then life got too hectic to actively plan photos.
Then I remembered a photo I took last Thursday Morning. It was still too cold to go outside, so we were stuck, yet again( Day 3), in the house. I had given in and let him have the iPad so I could have a few minutes to drink a cup of coffee in peace. I came in the den and there he was, all bathed in the the gorgeous window light.
I snapped a photo.
Follow our Project 52 circle all the way though. Next up is Michele!
February 19th, 2014
I got flowers for Valentine’s Day. They make the whole house smell glorious.
Our theme for #mylifesphotos this week is “think pink”.
Can’t wait to see what you’ve got!
February 17th, 2014
On Saturday, I went to a funeral. It was the first time in my life that I have gone to a funeral of someone who was close to my age. Someone who I knew. My Godbrother lost his fight with ALS last week and his homegoing service was on Saturday. Anyone who knows me well, knows that I haven’t been to a funeral( with the exception of 1) in over 20 years. I don’t do funerals. But he was my parents’ first godchild. His parents basically adopted me as a godchild when they became godparents of my younger brother. They are my parents best friends. There was no way NOT to go.
Funerals have a way of changing your priorities in life. They have a way of showing you what’s important. And I realized that all the little things for the past month or so that have been bothering me or anoying me, really don’t mean a thing. I’ve got my health. I’ve got my family. I’ve got life. I’ve got love.
Shouldn’t that be enough?
The one good thing about funerals is that they bring people together. I saw people who I haven’t seen since I was a child, and people I only talk to on instgram and Facebook.
And I finally got to take a selfie with my parents.
Hillarious I tell you. The first one, Daddy didn’t smile.
Mommy said “Smile Kenneth. Or say Cheese.”
He gave her a look and said “Shit.”
It was a small thing. But it made us laugh. Including him.
Laughter is the best medicine.
Like I said in the beginning of this post, it’s about priorities.
I’ve decided that laughter is one of them.
February 14th, 2014
It’s Friday! And Valentine’s Day! But really, that means nothing to me since I’ve been in this house with this child since Tuesday. I’m.loosing.my.mind.
Happy Valentine’s Day! Go out and celebrate LOVE today! And remember, don’t show your love on just one day, make it a 365 day type of thing!
Anyway, since I’ve been home, I’ve been reading a lot of internets and just wanted to share a few links for you guys to enjoy!
- The Bored Panda does it again with this post full of Stunning Portraits of the World’s Remotest Tribes Before They Pass Away. These are gorgeous and gorgeous and more gorgeous.
- This wonderful post from Mommy Talk Show about loving her son before he was born. I understand. Even though I complain and moan and groan, I love my boy and feel like I’ve loved him forever.
- Beatrice Clay is doing 365 days of gratitude over on her blog. Some days are small things, some days big. I find it extraordinary that everyday she finds something to be grateful for . It’s a hard one for me, even though I have so much to be grateful for. I tend to be a glass half empty type person sometimes. But I love tuning in to see what she is grateful for everyday. Yesterday she was grateful for warm ghirardelli brownies. Yasssss.
- This post about the 10 Things to Think About Before Your Child Starts Kindergarten gave me a lot to think about. I’ve been so worried about him being ready academically that i hadn’t stopped to consider a few other things. Like opening containers at lunch time…..
- And finally this post from Chookooloonks about her Meditation Lens ( her macro lens). I feel the same way about my macro lens. It makes me stop, concentrate and really think about what I see through my lens. It’s my slow down lens, because you can’t hurry when you have to manually focus.
Have a great Weekend Guys!