Deep Thoughts

You know, moving is not just about me and CDub. It’s about Pookah too. He has to get used to a new house, a new room, a new hallway leading to Mommy and Daddy’s room at night. And a new school.

I caught him one day last week in one of the bedrooms looking out the window into the new backyard.  I raced back into my unpacked office to unearth my camera, scared I was going to miss him contemplating life by the window……

elements1

elements2

What was he thinking about? What was going through that busy mind?

elements4

Finally, I asked… “What are you thinking baby?”

elements3

Nothing Mommy.

Want to play?

All is right in the world. I think he’ll adjust OK.

signiture

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tags: , ,

8 Responses to “Deep Thoughts”

1. vablondie says:

I love your pics! They are so beautiful. Almost make me want to pick up a camera, too.

I was also really worried about moving with a child. For us, we had to change everything and it about broke my heart. We had to move to a new child care, find new friends, everything. But he has adjusted fine. There was a transition, where he was sad about leaving his friends and child care. But he has adjusted well. I think he misses having play groups and things outside of school, and that is something I need to work on. We are getting there, though.
    vablondie recently posted..Looking Back, and ForwardMy Profile

2. Cam says:

He’ll do just fine. As long as you guys are happy, he’ll do great. It’s great to stay connected to their little feelings though. Good job as always, mama!
    Cam recently posted..I Said it, Now What?My Profile

3. Krissy says:

Love his face lol
    Krissy recently posted..Wordless Wednesday:my new fave picsMy Profile

4. Whitney says:

Children are resilient, they adjust quickly…it’s us adults worrying about them, and as Pookah said, let’s play. He was just thinking how fun it would be in his new yard when it warms up!
    Whitney recently posted..Was It A Dream?My Profile

5. Quiana says:

Happy New Year Pookah! I like seeing these pictures. I often wonder the same thing about Nia. For all the times our toddlers spend running around once they’re quiet and “in deep thought” I wish I could know what’s on their minds.
    Quiana recently posted..10 Things I’m Looking Forward to in 2013My Profile

6. KalleyC says:

Such beautiful pictures of Your son. Moving to a new home is such a big change for the kid. But like you said I think he will just well. I love your pictures.
    KalleyC recently posted..Whole Wheat Pancakes RecipeMy Profile

7. Mrs. Pancakes says:

Awww I love these pictures…and so great you were able to capture them!

8. He looks a little nervous in the first and second pics…bless his heart. Glad to hear he’s adjusting to the move.
    Diva (in Demand) recently posted..Where Is Harold Ford Jr.My Profile